Pain Management Community

Found lump

I have found a lump above my jaw line it's sore when I touch it,would be a size of a marble
Hi!
Lump above the jaw line which is hard and painful could be an abscess, folliculitis (hair follicle infection), an infected cyst, an inflamed lymph node or a neurofibroma (localized harmless swelling in of nerve and connective tissue). However swollen lymphnodes behind your ears could be due to chest infection, tonsillitis or pharyngitis, dandruff, or infection of ear.
The inflamed nodes settle down with time. However, it is important you consult a doctor and get this examined. If it is an abscess or infected cyst, it will need to be drained. If it is hair follicle infection, it will need warm compress, antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. Neurofibroma that is causing pain will need to be excised. Usually a CT or fine needle aspiration cytology is done for diagnosis. Take care!