Gastric dumping without weight loss surgery?

Does anyone know what could be causing these symptoms?  Immediately after eating (or sometimes 1-3hrs afterwards) I feel very unwell.  I can't concentrate, feel lightheaded/dizzy, my heart starts racing or I have palpitations and I feel clammy. This can last for 1-2 hours and sometimes it's so bad I feel like I'm going to die. I have also had constant right upper quadrant pain (deep between right shoulder blade and right chest) over the last 12 weeks.  

Im 26, and am constantly tired/fatigued and am losing weight without even trying now (like 1 stone in the last 3-4 weeks).  Prior to this I was on a reduced calorie diet and exercise regime and lost a stone over 6 wk period.

Have been reading about gastric dumping and the syptoms all fit with what Iam experiencing but it only seems to be related to gastic surgery which I have never had.  I am a "yo-yo" dieter and go between 14 stone and 11 stone (my current weight) quite regularly.  Could this be the cause?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
It almost sounds like a panic attack.  I have IBS, and in my 20's also had panic disorder.  A lot of the time the 2 would link about 45-60 minutes after I ate.  I would get a racing heart, sweating, dizziness, cramping and diarrhea.  This would happen especially if I was eating out or if I was under stress.  Eventually the stress became the anticipation of the attack, sealing my fate.
Helpful - 0
It's a unit of weight, usually used in the U.K.

Like pounds (lbs) in North America.

You can use a formula to convert stone into pounds.
Helpful - 0
what is a stone?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community