Pain Management Community

Help

I can't take the pain anymore.  Feel like ending it.  Is there anyone I can talk to?  I can't live like this anymore
I know exactly how you feel. I have been on 3 Norco a day for about 10 years but 6 years ago, on top of neuropathy and fibromyalgia and neck damage I got osteoarthritis & it is now in every joint in my body, I already need new knees and implanted cartlidge in both hands. However, in the great commonwealth of PA they want me to stay on same pain meds thru both hand implant surgeries. No way, the meds don't even touch my current pain, now you want to slice open arms, remove tissue, transplant it, is 2 MONTH recovery so must be kinda major, right? Time for something I never thot I would do but at age 61 I am looking for Heroin. I'd rather be a junkie than live like this. So if can't find Heroin my next stop is the razor knife down both arms. Good luck!
IM HERE I NEED HELP
IM HERE I NEED HELP
We are so sorry to hear of your pain and suffering.  We hope this gets better very soon.  We want to make sure you have resources and numbers to call in case the urge to harm yourselves that you speak of becomes something you may consider acting on.  

Always remember that there are phone numbers that you can call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from any location in the United States. We're including a website in this email that you can turn to for help, as well as some phone numbers that you can call for additional assistance.

Website:  http://www.suicide.org

Phone Numbers:  1-800-SUICIDE
(1-800-784-2433)

1-800-273-TALK
(1-800-273-8255)

You can also text with someone. Text START to 741741 to talk to someone at Crisis Text Line - crisistextline.org (This is not available on some prepaid carriers. See the site for more information.)

Please let us know if we can help.
We're here to help and support you. Can you say if you're taking medication right now, or are you saying you're taking no meds? The more information you give us the better we can help you.
Almost all of us here on the pain forum can relate to how you're feeling so please don't feel like you're alone.
I hope you come back to post again. The people on this forum are so very caring and knowledgeable about chronic pain.
Earlgirl99. I meant this message for you, and anyone else that needs someone to talk to.
There's no reason they can't increase your medication while you're recovering from surgery. It's just that they won't.
My sister has RA and other medical problems. She's been on pain meds for 25 years. When she had open heart surgery her Drs sent her home with a different prescription. A whole 20 5 mg Percosets. That was it.
Drs are so scared they're going to get in to trouble that they'll let their patients suffer.
There are no laws for Drs and how much medication they can prescribe to their patients. It's the FDA and CDC that have guide lines. If a Dr is prescribing more than the FDA thinks they should be prescribing they can get an "audit". Most Drs don't want to deal with that because it costs them money.
Unfortunately,there are pain patients turning to street drugs. This is so very dangerous but when you have so much pain and your Dr won't help you feel like it's your only option. I know this has went through your mind and you probably wouldn't do it. I recommend you try to find another pain Dr. Believe it or not, there are still some out there who truly do care. I was lucky enough to find my Dr. It took a long time, a lot of phone calls and a lot of time on the computer but I did find him and I'm so glad I did.
I really hope you come back here to talk with us. We care about you and we're here for you.