Pain Management Community

Homeo-Medicine for Osteoprosis

I am 55 and diagnosed osteoprosis at advanced stage with -2.4 at BMD test.

I am not good medicine taker, and do not want any side effect creating more problems and more medical issues.

I am told to start homeo-medicine because it has less side-effects !!!

I was not satisfied with the doctor, he was giving medicine without mentioning what it is givning me in an open packet mixed with couple of homeo medicine.

Only one bottle he gave me a patent was R-11.

Can any one suggest good medicine (homeo) for osteoprosis.
I am having join pains, very week bones, stiff legiments & muscles.

Regards
A. Durrani
Hi A. Durrani,

Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Community. I am glad that you found us but sorry to hear about your advanced Osteoporosis. It can be very painful and debilitating.

I understand your concern regarding medications. There are some homeopathic medications that may be beneficial. However the only reason I know this is from a consult with our local Homeopathic Clinic and the MD's that staff that facility. It's my understand that the concept or rational is that different herbs or supplement acts on different pain regions and conditions. It's not an easy "science" and there are no "one fits all" answers or supplements.

However most ppl know that Glucosamine is marketed for the treatment for osteoarthritis. I know of four family members that have taken this for as long as six months, including my husband. All claimed no decrease in their painful symptoms but none noted an increase either. The medical community appears to agree that this is a safe supplement but the consensus of the effectiveness of this compound varies widely.

I am sorry but I can't give you any educated suggestions. I do know that there are reputable clinics or facilities that focus in homeopathic medicine, treatments and the like. I would search for them in your area. If you're not satisfied with one, consult another.

My "trip" to our local clinic was useless. The consult ended with the purchase of several costly "supplements."  When I took them to my PCP she advised me not to take one of them. She thought it would cause me more harm then good. The others she said I could try but her feeling was I would be wasting my money. So I did finish the entire bottles, sixty days supply. (After all I had paid a dear price for them.) I saw no change in my pain levels. This is just my personal experience. I am sure others have had better results.

I wish you well in your search. Please share with us any effective homeopathic supplements/remedies that you find. We all learn from one another. One would hope there are effective homeopathic remedies.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck