Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
19185315 tn?1473630551

I'm having a bad reaction to too much pain medication.

Hi. I'm not sure I'm in the right place.  I am having severe neuralgia and couldn't sleep.  I take a low dose of hydrocodone for pain from a failed back surgery anyway. My husband brought me pain meds and a sleeping pill. I just took them without questioning it out of exhaustion and desperation. Turns out it was 2 of my pills, plus 2 of his oxycodone, which he has for his knees. I did sleep, but since waking I have vomited and have been needing to take deep breathes whenever I try to lay back down. Is this the place to ask about this kind of thing? Sorry for the long message.
5 Responses
Of course, do not do excursions from what the doctors prescribe. understandably you felt no other option. but we are not doctors here and cannot reccommend anything.
19185315 tn?1473630551
I understand completely. It was stupid and I definitely made my husband feel my pain.  Poor guy was just trying to help. You know...the whole if one works,two will work better. Idjit
I am feeling better tho. In pain because I've been afraid to take ANYTHING.  I'm just wondering when it might be safe to take my regular meds.
15695260 tn?1549593113
Hello. We are glad you are with your husband.  Visiting your ER right away especially with your symptoms would be the best course of action.  Please take care.
1 Comments
Thank you so much for your concern. This happened in the early am this morning and, by all rights, I should have gone. I tougher it out and got lucky. I seem to be on the upswing from it. Breathing is much easier and I'm eating without issue. My only issue now is not knowing when it would be safe to resume my normal medications.
15695260 tn?1549593113
I'm glad you are feeling better and seem to have no serious repercussions from this incident.  However, we do still recommend you visit the ER or your doctor for examination to make sure all is well.  We wish you the best.  
317787 tn?1473358451
Hi I hope you are feeling better. I just saw  your post, so sorry.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community

Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches