I'm having a bad reaction to too much pain medication.

Hi. I'm not sure I'm in the right place.  I am having severe neuralgia and couldn't sleep.  I take a low dose of hydrocodone for pain from a failed back surgery anyway. My husband brought me pain meds and a sleeping pill. I just took them without questioning it out of exhaustion and desperation. Turns out it was 2 of my pills, plus 2 of his oxycodone, which he has for his knees. I did sleep, but since waking I have vomited and have been needing to take deep breathes whenever I try to lay back down. Is this the place to ask about this kind of thing? Sorry for the long message.
Of course, do not do excursions from what the doctors prescribe. understandably you felt no other option. but we are not doctors here and cannot reccommend anything.
I understand completely. It was stupid and I definitely made my husband feel my pain.  Poor guy was just trying to help. You know...the whole if one works,two will work better. Idjit
I am feeling better tho. In pain because I've been afraid to take ANYTHING.  I'm just wondering when it might be safe to take my regular meds.
Hello. We are glad you are with your husband.  Visiting your ER right away especially with your symptoms would be the best course of action.  Please take care.
Thank you so much for your concern. This happened in the early am this morning and, by all rights, I should have gone. I tougher it out and got lucky. I seem to be on the upswing from it. Breathing is much easier and I'm eating without issue. My only issue now is not knowing when it would be safe to resume my normal medications.
I'm glad you are feeling better and seem to have no serious repercussions from this incident.  However, we do still recommend you visit the ER or your doctor for examination to make sure all is well.  We wish you the best.  
Hi I hope you are feeling better. I just saw  your post, so sorry.

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community