Pain Management Community

Left knee pain

Im 22 years old, I have had 2 knee surgeries on my left knee for medial meniscus tears.

About 3 weeks ago, I twisted my knee badly at a wedding. I went to doc and she said my ligaments felt loose( barely tested my knee) and I probably have arthritis. I was given a NSAID for pain. It's been 3 weeks and my knee feels pretty bad.

My knee clicks/pops from flexion to extension every time. Pain is posterior,lateral, and medial along joint line. My knee has locked walking down flights of stairs at school, and I have incredible pain when trying to stand after kneeling in the back of my knee. I have knee pain in general as well since I'm standing at work all day. I plan on going back to the docs this week.

My question is has anyone experienced this and what are possible injuries/conditions causing this.(so far, I'm thinking another meniscus tear.
Hi!
The various causes of knee locking are torn medial meniscus, mis-aligned knee cap, osteoarthritis, knee arthritis, torn lateral meniscus, osteochondritis dissecans, recurrent patella dislocation, chondromalacia patella, knee alignment problem, knee fragment  or knee cartilage disorder. True knee locking is caused by either a torn piece of cartilage, or a loose bone fragment due to a bone disorder called osteochondritis dissecans.  Sometimes misalignment of the bones and muscles around the knee cause this obstruction. True locking is fairly rare. A person can experience an inability to move the knee after an injury which feels like a locking of the knee. However, this is not due to something physically interfering with the movement of that knee. This is called a pseudo-lock. Hence you may need X-rays and MRIs of the knee to find the exact cause. Please consult an orthopedic specialist. Take care!