Pain Management Community

Mid back pain that radiates to front chest and stomach

I have mid back pain and it seems to radiate to my chest cavity and my stomach area.  I also have a fatty liver that's just been diagnosed and I also have anemia.  

I used to be a heavy drinker for about 20 years and off and on for the past 10 years.   More off than on but I occasionally binged drink.  I have made it a priority to finally stop drinking for good as I am now 43 years old and have two young children.  I am 5-10 215lbs but have weighed closed to 250 at one point and have been between 225 and 235 for the past 5 years.  I have been dieting and exercising now and am serious about my health.  I used to have very high tryglicerodes and over 500 and semi high cholesteral which I am taking a statin for.  I also take blood pressure meds (Norvasc&hydrochlorothiazide).  The last time I had bloodwork my levels were all in range because I had started losing weight and dieting.  I was 226 lbs at the time they took my blood.  I have lost ten more pounds since then.  My question is;  is my fatty liver from my past Alcohol drinking or from being somewhat obese according to the charts - I am kinda muscular though- although with a belly thats starting to slim down now?

I also have this almost constant pain in my mid back that seems to radiate to my front area around my upper abdomin and lower chest area.  I have recently had a CAT scann which diagnosed my fatty liver and kidney stones which are small enough to pass.  Nothing else showed up though.  I worry about my heart but I think its pretty strong.  Have not been diagnosed with any heart desease although I have had high tryglicerodes and Cholesteral before when I was heavy drinking.  I have also used recreational drugs in the past but not for 10 or so years now.

This discussion is related to Still really worried about Mid chest and back pain.
Hello Ruby,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your continuing pain.

Have you had an MRI of your spine? I would want to rule out possible spinal structure issues as a pain causation.

I don't think you would be out of line to request an EKG of your cardiac activity. This would also help you put to rest heart problems. Once those two tests are completed and negative you will have less possibilities to consider. Than I would get myself to a good diagnostic physician associated with a teaching hospital. Be assertive and ask for answers.

I wish I had exact answers for you. I am sorry that your search must be one of elimination. I do wish you the best and hope that you will keep in touch with us.

Best of Luck to You,
~Tuck