Pain Management Community

Missed Apt for PM

I have a question.

I THOUGHT my next dr apt was march 9. i have no idea why i thought that but i did!!!!  i just looked at my apt card and it shows march 3 !!????  so, obviously...i missed the apt.  

i had a ton going on with my dad passing away....out of state.   my step mom also suffered a nervous break down  after my dad died....so, i was very very busy and i guess i dont know?? i have no idea??

i have heard horror stories of PM.

Do you all think she will be undertanding?  It was literally a simple simple oversight. I still even have my card. Are they going to shut me out now?  Should I call first? Or do you think I should just  go in there tomorrow and act like i thought my apt was tomorrow???  
Hi Lovemypillhead,

It's good to hear from you again but I am sorry that you have missed your appointment. I too have heard some pretty scary things about PM Clinics. And I am so very sorry tho hear that your Dad has passed away and the issues that have resulted from his death. My heart goes out to you.

Hopefully you have built a good relationship with your PMP. That is always very important and often a key factor in these situations. I think honesty is always the best policy. I would simply tell them the truth and offer up an apology. A humble phone call with sincere regret and concern in your voice is often effective. We often have communicate better in different one way or another. If you communicate more effectively in person I would go to the clinic tomorrow with the explanation. Personally I seem to communicate better on the phone or in writing. I do not think I am as effective in person but maybe that's because I am more comfortable on the phone or in writing. So chose your method and tell the truth.

Please let us know how it goes for you. I will look forward to hearing from you again. Good luck and take care, Tuck
Please call them and tell your PMP the truth as Tuck has suggested. Don't ever be dis-honest with them. I too have heard terrible stories. I guess as long as you're taking your meds as prescribed you should have no problem.

I'm guessing they will test you. Good luck.
Molly