Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pain Management Community
9.74k Members

My 8 yr old son.

My 8 yr old son started complaining about the right side of his jaw hurting. Its very tender and hurts by barely touching it. And it hurts him between his cheek and gum if touched or pushed on lightly. And now his bottom lip is swollen. He does have a silver colored filling near the area. Any answers?
2 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your son. In all probability he had a dental infection below the tooth that has the silver filling. This infection has spread to jaws and gum. Other than this he could also be having a gum infection, an infection of the skin of face, a boil or abscess or infection of the jaw bone.
It is difficult to diagnose this on net. Please consult his pediatrician and his dentist as soon as possible (read immediately!). Meanwhile please give him acetaminophen to make the pain tolerable. Take care!
please do not give your child Anything---please---until you see or talk to your doc who knows your child. there could be a problem with acetaminophen. There have been problems reported. OK?
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches