Pain Management Community

My tongue hurts at base and from acid foods.

Also hurts when exposed to acid foods or drink, but will hurt when moved when not exposed to acids.  Pain is relieved with aspirin, or goat cheese, or a bicarbonate rinse.  Also have swollen gland on that side. Tongue hurts when I open mouth to put in food; It seems the tongue changes position when we are about to eat. Mouth looks completely healthy. Tongue looks completely healthy.Suspect the swollen gland is very much involved, but not sure what specialist can determine if I have a blocked salivary gland or a viral or bacterial infection.
Hello and Welcome to our Pain Management Community.

I'm sorry to hear about your issues. Do you have a specific question or are you  just looking for the type of Specialist to consult?

I hope you consult an ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) specialist. They are called Otolaryngologists. They specialize in disorders of the head and neck (including throat) ranging from hearing loss to cancer. They may be best at addressing your physical symptoms.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck