Pain Management Community

Neck pain after being choked

A year ago, I got out of an abusive relationship. My husband often grabbed my by the throat and choked me, sometimes shaking me and throwing me to the floor (all while holding tight on my neck). This went on almost every week for over a year.
I've had whiplash before when I was younger, and thought the pain was similar to that. I iced it and used a heating pad, but a year later, the pain still hasn't gone away. I'm also getting headaches and upper back pain. Is this just something that will take time to feel better, or could it be something more serious? I don't want to waste the doctor's time over nothing.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Your abusive husband could very well have severely injured your spine or caused some other injury that is simply getting worse.

Get to a doctor, pronto. You won't be wasting anyone's time.