Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pain Management Community
9.8k Members
1285028 tn?1271662650

Pain In my calfs.. though it is getting better? should I be worried Help?

in just the past 3 days I have had some pain in both of my legs chins actually. I have read alot of scary stuff, but I still feel maybe that its not that serious.. the pain right now has completely subsided.. I have been up and walking around and its still quite tender but when i wake in the morning i can't extend my heels to the floor. I have very high arched dancers feet if you would say, and I don't know what could have caused this due to the fact that I haven't done ANY strenuous excersize lately at all due to focusing on my recovery of heroin abuse.. I have however been on many medications including: Xanax, Suboxen, phentermine. I don't drink alcohol though I do smoke ciggarettes.. I believe that the pain is subsiding quite a bit. I have No other noticeable syptoms other then a strange tightened pain in my inner calves of each leg. Could this be due to just my recover process and the drugs coming out of my system? I have been clean for about 2 months now, but i do remember muscle weekness periodically since I have been sober.. I haven't been too active up until about a week ago when I started waking up early in the morning and running around enjoying the sunshine which may be the most active I have been in a long while... any suggestions? could it be the meds? or just the fact that my body is readjusting to my new lifestyle and eating habits, I haven't been eating any meat or dairy products.. If you need more information or have more questions please feel free to ask, I would like to hear some options.. I have no insurance until june when my dad can add me to his so for now I am just paying for all of my therapy and meds out of pocket.. : (
1 Responses
356518 tn?1322263642
Hi,
  Congrats on the sobriety!
I think maybe it is a combination of things, Are you warming up before exercising. Your body is going thru alot of changes right now. Just take it easy on the exercise and see if that helps.
Again congrats on your new lifesytle:)
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches