Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Pain Mgmt Dr needed...please help me

Hello. I am new to this site, I wish I had found it years ago. It is full of great information and kind people. I am a 44 year old Mom of three boys. I have  two in college and one in first grade:) I just move to North Alabama from Florida, where I saw a pain mgmt dr for several years. I take Methadone for my pain. I have four herniated discs, degenerative disc disease, and Ollier's disease. I have broken my hip and my right knee in the last two years so I have immense pain in my right knee, especially when it's cold. Of course, the pain was managed until I move to Alabama but now I can't find a doctor. I also have rheumatory arthritis. I had back surgery in 1994 for my L4/L5. I went to an accupuncturist in Florida too. I have records and insurance. I have no problem following rules either. If anyone can help me, I will greatly appreicate it.
Thank you,
Curiiousdee aka...dee
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
547368 tn?1440541785
Hi Dee,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum at MedHelp. I am so glad you found us. I couldn't beleive it when I found this site either. I can attest to the wonderful support and information you will find here. Welcome aboard. It has been a God-sent for me too.

I am sorry that you have so much pain. We know about pain and how it disrupts your life. I am even sorrier that I cannot help you locate a PMP in Alabama. I live in Wisconsin. But there are others here that may have that information. Have you tried goggling "Pain Management Physicians/Clinic" and than inserting the largest city near you and of course your state? It has worked for others. If it takes you a while to get into a clinic be prepared to return to your former physician until you are set up with a new one. Sometimes it can take 6 to 12 weeks, depending on the patient load of the physician/clinic.

Please be aware that responses may be a bit slower than usual due to the Holiday weekend. I will watch your thread for activity and hopefully someone can help you with your request. Please let us know how your search is going. I will look forward to your updates. Peace, Tuck
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your encouraging words and help with my search to locate a new physician. I really appreciate your kindness.......curiousdee
Helpful - 0
547368 tn?1440541785
Hi Again Curiousdee,

Have you had any luck locating a PMP in Alabama?? Our CL, Sandee has returned and I am hopeful that she will have more information that I do.

This post will pop your question back to the top where more members will see it.

Take Care, Tuck
Helpful - 0
Curiousdee, this is Donna. From Northeast Al. I was looking for a Dr also back in 07. Well, how did you do?
I didn't find anybody. My home is sitting empty up there all paid offam and I'm back in Florida. Its. A damn shame we can't live were we want to. My pain doc took care of me until 09. Then I moved back because I was not going to live in horrible aching,sharp agonizing pain. I love m home up there but my health is more important. Are you still up there? Did you find a Dr? If you did you must have went to huntsville. That's far for me.
Anybody want to buy a new house?
If there is a new Dr that comes in the. Area let me know, otherwise I'm selling or trading m house.
Happy low pain day to all
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community

Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches