Pain Management Community

Pain for years

I constantly have pain. The pain is mainly in my upper back, shoulders and neck, but the pain is also common every where else. I have had pain like this for about 6 years. I'm in my late 20s and I have so much pain. I heard about fibromyalgia and was wondering how a doctor could diagnose this, is their any blood work or diagnostic tests done?
Hi!
Poor posture while sleeping, sitting on computers or jobs for a long time, uneven bed, exposure of back to cold air while sleeping can cause a discomfort in various parts of the body.  Take a multivitamin, plenty of fluids, and an OTC analgesic. Apply a local analgesic and apply a heating pad and see if it helps. Improve your posture.
Whole body pain can also be due to can be due to fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, severe anemia, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritic changes of the vertebrae, calcium deficiency, low Vit D, electrolyte disturbance, peripheral neuropathy due to diabetes or hypothyroidism or Lyme or lupus. Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Treating the cause of pain often helps take care of pain. Physiotherapy,  exercise, hydrotherapy, healthy diet, vitamin supplementation, and non-opioid pain killers all can help. Please talk to your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.