Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pain Management Community
9.75k Members

Pain in lower right buttock when sitting

About a year ago, I slipped on a tile floor and fell on my right buttock.  It was quite sore for a long time but did get better.  Now, I am finding that I have extreme pain to the right portion of the pelvis when I have to sit for a time span of fifteen minutes or more.  I would say the pain is about one to two inches to the right of the coccyx.  It does not radiate, and I don't have any numbness or pain in my upper thigh or lower back.  Normally, I have no pain when standing or lying down.  I teach, so I stand the majority of the day, and it does not cause problems then.  I am beginning to experience more and more pain as I sit, especially when riding in a car.  Based on what I read about Sciatica because I have no pain down my leg.  I do have bursitis in my left knee and arthritis as well.  I had a partial knee replacement at age 42.  I am really beginning to worry about this pain; why it only hurts when sitting, and if I could have a fracture.  Can anyone offer advice if they have experienced the same type of pain or something similar?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches