Pain Management Community

Pain in right side

Hello...
For the past 3 weeks off and on I get a pain on my right side.  And when I say side, I mean directly on the side of my stomach 1/2 below my ribs and waist line.  It is intense and last hours if not all day.  I have tried Advil, and gas ex but nothing seems to work.  I do have a past of kidney stones.  About 9 months ago, I had a xray...showed no visable stones.  

Does anyone know what could be causing this pain?  I have never had it like this before.  I did not pull a muscle.
Hi there,
I can confirm the exact cause of your symptoms only after a complete history and clinical examination. There are several causes which can lead to these symptoms. A pulled muscle, trapped wind, ovarian cyst, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, constipation, duodenal ulcers, appendicitis, cholecystitis, kidney stones, cholecystitis all can pain on the right side of stomach. Since it has been persisting since such a long time it is best to get investigated. A complete evaluation and investigations like ultrasound abdomen may help in detecting the exact cause. Do keep us posted.
Best of luck and regards!