Pain Management Community

Pain on right side below bra line

I have this consistent dull pain below my bra line on the right side. It feels like it is either the rib cage itself or just below it, not towards my back. As far as I am concerned, there are no GI symptoms accompanying it. It gets worse when I sit down and feels better if I am stretched out or if there is pressure applied to the area, almost as if wearing a corset would help. It comes and goes without any obvious triggers (other than possibly sitting down a lot) and I have been feeling it for about 4 years now. It is not a sharp pain but more of a dull, achy feeling. I swear it looks like the right ribcage doesn't protrude as much as the left, but I guess I could be seeing things.

Any ideas?
Hi Micheley,

I am glad that you found us at MedHelp. I am sorry to hear about your confusing rib pain.

There are a multitude of things that could be the source of your pain. I'm sorry I haven't any concrete answers for you. Have you had a recent chest x-ray? It would be a good place to start. It could be some arthritis or inflammation in the rib area. There are also organs in the near area that could be the source of your pain.

I would suggest that you make an appointment with your PCP and inform him/her of your symptoms. Others will post with their suggestions and ideas. Please let us know how you are doing. I will look forward to your updates.
Take Care, Tuck
Did you ever find the source of your pain? This is exactly what I’m feeling and it is so irritating. I’m wondering if it’s a pinched nerve or something arthritic in the right rib. It comes and goes. I just wish I could make it go away forever