Avatar universal

Perscribed to overdose

What do i do if the Doctors in my city wont see me because of an accedintal overdose when my dr. was giving me a Very high amount of med to take. can they take that off my records?
1 Responses
20803600 tn?1546262537
No, although you can write a letter to your doctor and request it be included in your medical records.
It is up to the doctor to determine whether or not to include it.
Accidental overdoses are rather unusual, but if you can prove it was because you were overmedicated  by the previous doctor and with documentation from the ER and it states that in the records, that might make seeing a new doctor easier.
Most doctors are very cautious about taking on a patient who was on high doses of opiates or have overdosed previously.

Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community

Top Pain Answerers
Avatar universal
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473358451
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches