Pain Management Community

Pin after XLIF procedure

I had L4-5 XLIF procedure which was awful. I was unable to walk after surgery. I am convinced that I have nerve damage on the side they went in to get to my spine. I am in worst pain after surgery than before surgery. I am now 7 months post op. I can walk now, but not without pain. No one can seem to give me an answer as to why I am having so much pain in this area. My leg is better and my low back does not hurt anymore. Has anyone experienced this problem after XLIF procedure  
I'm not sure what's hurting you exactly. Your leg is better, and low back is better. Where is the pain?
The pain must be in your side correct?
I'm sorry, I misread your post. It's not normal to have the pain your having, this long after surgery. Something is definitely wrong somewhere. I would do go back to the surgeon who operated on you, and ask about the continued pain. If he/she can't help you, then go to your PCP, and ask him/her what to do about your problem. You probably need to see a thoracic specialist. Hopefully that doctor can diagnose what the problem is. If it's something that the surgeon caused, and it's not a normal risk of that procedure, then that's malpractice. Whatever it is, I hope it's an "easy fix". I'm glad you no longer have leg and low back pain, that's great. Let us know how you make out with everything, and take care.
                                  shinty
I had a xlif surgery 2 weeks ago and my left leg Is killing me with numbeness, pain and weakness.  I'm taking all kinds of medicine.  I just want it to go away and know it will  My back is better than before surgery.  Any ideas???