Pain Management Community

Please help me with Chronic Pancreatitis pain!!!!

I would like to ask a question of Dr. Lupo. I have chronic pancreatitis diagnosed as chronic 6 years ago. I am on stron pain meds and have to fight the insurance company to get them, sometimes not get them. I have increased pain in the last few months and the meds are just not cutting it. I have been to my gastro/pancreas specialist and had some tests done and I will be going on a transplant list. I am taking Methadone HCL 10 mg. 2 tabs 4x day & have been taking 600 mcg. Fentanyl 4x for breakthrough pain. I would like to ask 2 questions of you as well as anyone else that would like to respond. 1. If the pain is only slightly better since it has increased should I ask for a change of meds or an increase in meds? 2. Can I try to cut down on meds so that later they will work better? BTW, I am not now nor have I ever had an alcohol problem. My Pancreatitis is not due to alcohol. Please help. The pain is so bad that I am not sleeping and I am so nauseated that I can't eat like I should. Nothing wants to stay down. I am 61 years old.
I have know answers but, pray for your pain relief. I beleive you should switch the meds and increase them till you reach releif or seek a nerve ectomy.

Harry

It sure is nagging and painful to have this sort of  pain.But I believe you should reduce your solid type intake and have more of liquid diets or soft diets.Besides switching to better medicines,since the ones you have been using may not be working as it was earlier.May god bless you and give you relief soon.
Wow I really feel for you. You are taling 80 mg. meth and fentynal for breakthrough? That's a lot but there may be better combinations like Dilaudid and oxycodone  or oxymorphan. all the best