Pain Management Community

Postoperative Pain Kidney Stones

My Fiance had his kidney stones blasted two days ago and he is still hurting badly. The pain is mostly where the blasting of his kidney was. He was prescribed percecet 5mg and stool softners. Is there anything else he can do to help relieve the pain? He has been getting in a warm bath and saying that it helps...is that okay? Thanks.
Hi brooklyn,

I want to welcome you to the Pain Management Forum and let you know that we are glad that you have found this Forum! I need to let you know that there are NO Doctors on this Forum ONLY CP (Chronic Pain) Patients that share there expertise and experience with the OTHER people on here.

I'm so sorry that he is having this much discomfort form his Post-op Kidney Stones. I've never had Kidney Stones. However, if they made an incision of any kind, chances are that he isn't supposed to be in a bath tub. Usually they aren't allowed to get that area wet. PLEASE don't laugh TOO loudly at me IF there is no incision as I must emphasize that I DON'T havae a clue as to how they are removed.  :)

I think that  you need to check in with the Doctor right away (they NORMALLY give you a number to call over the weekend if there are any questions) and let him/her know what is happening!!

I wish you the VERY best and I hope that your Fiance gets sthe relief that he needs.

PLEASE keep us updated as to how he is doing.....Sherry
Hello and Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am very glad that you found us but very sorry to hear about your fiancee pain.

Two days is still early to be overly concerned about her pain level however if it continues she should certainly contact her physician or another medical provider if it is over the weekend with her symptoms.

Check your discharge instructions and please follow them If a heating pad is not contraindicated I have found it effective in similar pain issues. I am guessing that she may also be experiencing some spasms. Contracting a medical provider for a muscle relaxant may also be beneficial.

Sherry is correct. Her discharge instructions should also have a number to call to report her pain. She may want to make that call tonight.

I wish her the very best and hope that you will let us know how she is doing. She is fortunate to have your concern. Continue to be sweet to her. It is so appreciated when we are in pain. I wish you both the very best.

Take Care,
~Tuck