Pain Management Community

RSD? increase CRP. Positive ANA?

I recently had shoulder surgery 3 weeks ago.  I had complications with the sheath catheter and ended up getting 2 and had to cut one out b/c it was notted under my skin.  I have HORRIBLE pain down my arm, starting around my bicep and shoots all the way down and into my thumb.  My thumb and index finger are still somewhat numb as well. and my neck is somewhat numb on the side of surgery.  Ihave had to anesthesiologist following me and now they are sending me to pain management to see a specialist. just got the call and have an appt tomorrow! they are worried about RSD (reflex sympathetic dystrophy).  When I saw the anesthesiologist she tested my sed rate and crp and my CRP (C-reactive protien) is elevated. and a while ago I was told I have positive ANA (crest syndrome).
Is all of this tied together?  I feel like there is constantly something wrong and no real answer for it.

anyone have ideas? thank yo
Hi there,
Reflex sympathetic dystrophy can be triggered due to any injury, surgery, degenerative arthritis of the neck, carpal tunnel syndrome. The common symptoms of this condition are pain, tenderness, and swelling of an extremity associated with varying degrees of sweating, warmth and/or coolness, flushing, discoloration, and shiny skin. Diagnosis is based on the clinical features, blood tests .Plain film X-ray testing and MRI scanning can show patchy thinning or significant osteoporosis. Treatment is cool, moist applications to the affected areas; exercises.ESR is raised in any inflammation. A high CRP is seen in arthritis, infections and cancer. A clinical correlation of all the test results is important. Do discuss it with your doctor. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!