Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pain Management Community
9.73k Members

Severe Shoulder and Elbow Pain

I have recently, over the last 6 months, been experiencing sever pain in my elbows and shoulders in what appears to be the tendon area. I am currently on pain management for a genetic condition with my knees and am on 10mgx4 a day of Oxycodone and 15mgx2 times a day of morphine time release. Is there any way this could be causing the pain? I had minor pain before getting n pain management, but now it's almost unbearable even with the pain meds.Not sure if I should discuss with my PCP or my pain management doc but figured I would get an idea as to what it could be first.
1 Responses
351246 tn?1379685732
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi!
Well, oxycodone and morphine are unlikely to be the cause of pain. I am not sure what genetic condition you have, but if it is causing knee pain, it can also cause shoulder and elbow pain. Multiple joint pain is seen in fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, low Vitamin D levels, Low Vit B12 levels, anemia, Hashimotos thyroiditis, gout (can sometimes cause multiple joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, SLE, electrolyte disturbance particularly those involving calcium and magnesium, parathyroid gland problems, chondrocalcinosis and chronic fatigue syndrome. In females, menopause or menopause like condition caused by PCOD is often associated with Vit D, calcium and hormonal disturbances and this causes multiple joint pain. Please talk to your doctor regarding these and get yourself examined accordingly.  Take care!
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches