Pain Management Community

Severe Shoulder and Elbow Pain

I have recently, over the last 6 months, been experiencing sever pain in my elbows and shoulders in what appears to be the tendon area. I am currently on pain management for a genetic condition with my knees and am on 10mgx4 a day of Oxycodone and 15mgx2 times a day of morphine time release. Is there any way this could be causing the pain? I had minor pain before getting n pain management, but now it's almost unbearable even with the pain meds.Not sure if I should discuss with my PCP or my pain management doc but figured I would get an idea as to what it could be first.
Hi!
Well, oxycodone and morphine are unlikely to be the cause of pain. I am not sure what genetic condition you have, but if it is causing knee pain, it can also cause shoulder and elbow pain. Multiple joint pain is seen in fibromyalgia, hypothyroidism, low Vitamin D levels, Low Vit B12 levels, anemia, Hashimotos thyroiditis, gout (can sometimes cause multiple joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, SLE, electrolyte disturbance particularly those involving calcium and magnesium, parathyroid gland problems, chondrocalcinosis and chronic fatigue syndrome. In females, menopause or menopause like condition caused by PCOD is often associated with Vit D, calcium and hormonal disturbances and this causes multiple joint pain. Please talk to your doctor regarding these and get yourself examined accordingly.  Take care!