Severe stomach pain

I have had several ct scans and x rays and they tell me they see nothing. I am a type diabetic insulin dependent. congestive heart failure, cronic lung desease, and have a pace maker.
3 months ago my lungs shut down do to high levels of carbon dioxide and them my heart stopped. but they brought me back and am improving all but this severe pain that is contiuios.
I would like to welcome you the Pain Management forum.  As you already know we are a community of chronic pain patients.  I wish there were a doctor at least monitoring this forum but there is not.  But we do offer support, advice and friendship to other chronic pain patients.

I am so sorry to hear of your plight.  It must be awful.  Have you consulted a gastrointestinal doctor?  If not, I would recommend you do.  I wish I had some advice for you but I really don't.

Please check back later.  I am sure that other members will reply with better answers than mine.  Good luck
Welcome,
Sara  

Hello and welcome to the pain management forum.  Sara is absolutely right about contating a GI doctor.  Good luck and I hope they figure out what is going on.  Please keep in touch.
Hello Engrenp,

Welcome to our Pain Mangement Community at MedHelp. I am glad that you found us and took the time to post.

You certainly have more than you share of medical issues. My heart goes out to you. It sounds like you are fortunate to be here. But when you suffer with chronic pain it doesn't always feel that way. :(

Can you describe your pain a bit better? Exactly where is it located? What if anything makes it worse or better? What does it feel like, ie, burning, stabbing, aching, etc? What speciality physicians have you seen?

Although medical science has developed some excellent diagnostic tools unfortunately they cannot see everything.

If you have ever observed a Code you know the extreme physical trauma that is put upon one's body. Chests are pounded and so forth. I am wondering if during your resuscitation some organs or structures may have been bruised, damaged or injured? I have seen many a rib fracture and other injuries during a code. At the time the only concern is to save a life. Injuries incurred are addressed after recovery.

So I would begin there. Was something injured, even something small? I would obtain a second opinion outside of the facility that you are currently being treated. If you are not at a large teaching facility or a nationally known clinic I would encourage you to obtain your second opinion from either or. If you are at one I would consult the other. I am certain it must be frustrating but don't give up until you find answers or solutions.

An Internal Medicine Physician may be a good place to begin. They seem to be best at the over all structure and function of internal organs. However I see nothing wrong with consulting a gastroenterologist.

At the very least I hope they are treating your pain until they can locate the source. It's possible the resuscitation has nothing to do with your new pain. It could be coincidental that your pain began after the resuscitation.

I am far from a physician or an expert but we do know about chronic pain. Don't take "I don't know" for an answer. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. We will look forward to your updates with interest.

My Best to You,
~Tuck  

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community