Pain Management Community

TKR pain

I had TKR on my right knee six weeks ago on 4/8/2015.  I had great gains with physical therapy the first three weeks post surgery and reached 130 flexion.  Then I began to have sharp shooting pains in the back of my knee whenever I would stand up or pivot the knee.  I also started to have multiple muscle spasms, mainly at night, which are unbelievably painful, making getting a good night's sleep impossible.  I have shared this with my orthopedic PA and PTs.  Since then I've been prescribed two different pain pills, two different muscle relaxants, and a sleeping aid.  Nothing has really helped.  X-rays showed that the new knee implant is fine and there doesn't appear to be an infection.  I suggested an MRI but the PA wants to wait.  The PA has told me to wait four more weeks to see if the pain goes away yet the pain is so intense that it makes my daily life difficult.  Has anyone experienced the same symptoms and, if so, what did you do to relieve the pain?

Looks like your computer doubled posted! :0) I responded the the your other, identical post.

~Tuck