Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Unsure about drug test.

I went to my monthly dr. Visit to get my scripts. I'm on methadone and at the end of the visit my dr told me I had to do a urine test. So he wrote me my scripts and then on my way out I had to go pee in the cup, then I paid and left. So what I'm asking is if something  was wrong with my test would they call me back that same day or even the next day to come in and discuss it or would he discuss it with me at my next visit? And he told me it was for insurance reasons and stuff and he just needed to make sure that what I was supposed to be on was there and nothing illegal showed up. Can a basic urine cup test show all that. Thank u in advance to anyone who can help.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes it will show up, never heard of insurance companies needing urine though. At my clinic, you do the urine BEFORE you see the doctor and they see the results in like 2 minutes . So i think if something was wrong they would probably wait until your next visit and cut you off.
Helpful - 0
596605 tn?1369946627
I see my Primary Care (PC) MD for all of my prescriptions including pain meds. I have a pain management doc that I see every 3-6 months tho, and the Pm doc makes the recommendations that my PC follows.

I am in a pain comtract with my PC. Because I use Med Cannabis we agreed that I could continue without being kicked out. We just lined that item out of the contract and both initialed it.

She has me do urine tests randomly. She follows some sort of protocol on this. I am tested for schedule I and II meds like, Methadone, Oxycodone, hydrocodone and cannabis etc. The results of these tests are posted in my medical record and I am able to view portions of it myself online.

I always test positive for oxy and cannabis, because those are the scheduled meds that I use for pain. I have a great doc and she is very compassionate. But she follows her role in prescribing my pain meds to a tee as she could lose her license if she did not. I, as the her patient do my best too. For example I make sure that MY label is on the pee cup before I hand it over.

Do you have a pain contract?
What does it say?
usually it spells out the ifs and whats on urine tests
Are you worried that something else might show up?
Take care
Horselip
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community

Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches