What is the cleanest narcotic drug available

I need something to go with my burtans patches, which in fact  very safe to take with oxys up to 80mg. I'm doing it now, but I'm thinking about switching to fentanyl? What does anyone think who has had experience with fentanyl patches.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Have you discussed this with your doctor?
Helpful - 0
I would stay away from Fentanyl.  It is very hard to come off.  I don't know how old you are or what your pain issues you have and what you've tried.  Pain management is not just about pills.  There are other things to try.  I blindly went along with my doctor prescribing the Fentanyl patch along with other meds for BT pain.  I realized the Fentanyl had a lot of negative things for me (like increase in sugar intake, nodding off when I stopped doing anything, no short term memory.)  Do a search on Fentanyl here and see what people have gone through with it.

Personally I think it should only be used for end of life pain.  If you have reason to think you won't ever come off it, then it would be okay.  I tapered off (too quickly) and the withdrawals were horrendous and they lasted a very, very long time.

Whatever medications you are going to use, do your research and know what you're getting into.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community