Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pain Management Community
9.73k Members

Wrist problems....help?

I have a very small lump that I can feel when I touch my wrist (not palm side). It feels like you can slightly move it from side to side but it hurts when you do. YOu can't see any visible bump on the skin though. YOu can only tell it's there when you touch that spot. I've had trouble with my wrists for a while now (putting pressure on it at all and carrying anything that's heavy feels like it separated the bone from something around it.) When I pull on my wrist, I feel like the joint area separates and I can bend it in where my palm can touch my arm (by bending it straight down and my palm will lay flat against my "inner" arm). Any help for why I might be experiencing this pain? I thought it was just Carpal Tunnel in my wrist since the "symptoms" are basically exactly the same. But the small lump I recently just noticed.
1 Responses
Could be a ganglion cyst. Ganglion cysts most commonly occur on the back of the hand (60%-70%), at the wrist joint, and can also develop on the palm side of the wrist. When found on the back of the wrist, they become more prominent when the wrist is flexed forward.
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches