Pain Management Community

am i playing in the devils play ground dr just put me on fentyenal patchl

i have sever osteoarthristis and rumtard cant spell in rush but on perc 10/325 and now 12 mg patches i hear such horrific stories can someone help
Hi Beth,

I understand you concern. When my physician prescribed a Big Dog medication I freaked a bit.... but the pain was so extreme I relented. I had been on an immediate release opiate for years. When your pain is not properly controlled with the less potent medications it's best to move up.

You're correct... there have been some leaks and deaths with the old Fentanyl Patches. The ones that are NOT a resivior do not have the danger of leaking. Ask your Phatmacist and/or Physician about the safest patches... they will know.  

Hopefully your pain will be controlled on this small dose of Fentanyl. Be prepared for some adjustment period... that's normal. However won't it be nice if this allows you to sleep better, be more active and enjoy life and loved ones? That was how I looked at it.

You may do well on this dose for years. It's been two years for me, with no increases. I feel better and I am hoping you will too. Life is simply too short to live unrelenting pain.  

No my dear,, I don't beleive you are playing in the Devil's Playground. You obviously have pain and your physician is attempting to improve your quality of life. Give it some time and let us know how you are doing.

I'll look forward to hearing from you again ... and often.

Good Luck to You,
~Tuck
thank you sooo much i just c on here alll the time ppl addicted and how they are praying for the withdrawls to stop how the dr isnt w/d them properly so i just know that im ganna b ok as far as i dont abuse i am dependant not addicted i didnt fill my percocet i guess wanted to c the difference well i needed to patches of 12 mg so 24 mg then filled my script to coincide and took my reg dose yeah i threw up so i didnt do that again just wanted to see if i didnt have to take the pills ya know. my dr says i can play around like that to c what best fits me just make sure i last all meds till the day i fill em cause i be real sick she also explained to me that i will most definatley be on scripts till some cure cause it only gets worse its dibilitating gosh i wish i could spell lol but anyways i dont abuse my meds i b fine rt lol could u tell me lil bout u self i kinda miss comming on here i met great ppl im liz
also have surgery on monday they found small mass in stomach and then need mri cause ultrasound says i have tear in bladder wall thinkin stones doin it so some of my new pain will be gone. i definatley know the 2 meds mixed help so much i just have to get used to it i havent been on my percs for 2 days  just patches didnt feel w/d which i def wouldve but the pain was apparent to apparent so got back on percs it wasnt w/d though just my usual junk so the 2 combined i think will work and i think atleast 4 now the 12mgs ganna work thanx tuck
It sounds like good have a very good Physician. That's so important when you have Chronic Pain. Good pain management is a trial and error process, finding what works best for you can take awhile.

I am glad to hear that you understand you are not addicted but dependent. Like you I will be on opiates until I die. There will be no cure for what is wrong with me in my life-time.... and with only 300 ppl in the world ever having this condition I doubt there ever will be. So I am very cautious with what opiates I take and how much I take.  Indeed I know I am under medicated but I chose this route.

Don't worry about your spelling. If it weren't for my trusty spell check you probably couldn't read my responses. lol

I hope your surgery on Monday goes well. It will be great to have some pain reduction.  I wish you the very best and will look forward to additional updates. I have kidney stones too and know how painful they can be.

My Best to You,
~Tuck
Holycow I just wrote huge letter via cell phone and it was tough then they deleted it so km ganna make short I've een sleep all dayand did wke for c giants kick patriots in luck I must say I giants fan can ya tell but my hubby cooked 4 me 2night and I was soo freakin tired I tore patches off and only took 1 pill 2day im suppose to take 3 pilss perc 10 and this patch but ur right dr says I can move round my meds seeing what works im thinking either Monday night cause got surgery take patch nothing else or patch only when pain is serious or what do think bout nothing tomorrow til I need too sounds silly butn ur dr kinda don't want it out ur system cause the measures they will have to take to control levels again but ima be under anesthesia tomorrow so I have'll meds in me hey tuck question on this forum t talks bout drs not knowing how to get u off the opiods when say they have the surgerythey when I say they these ppl just like such horror stories on dr not knowing how to detox a patient cause it sounds like they don't wanna lose the clinic money. Well im rambling cause I been trying to write this 4 hr oh well keep strong
Let us know how the surgery goes. I'll look forward to your update.

~Tuck
hey tuckamore its liz again thank you for being there i feel very alone rt now going thru a crisis with family i will go into with u later cause u seem like good shoulder ofcourse if u dont mind well my surgery it was hell they were  doing another procedure so it was a mass in my stomach they found on ultrasound and so a biopsy of stomach mass and exploratory maybe this will explain why im up in excrusiating pain they gave me fentynal as a local anesthetic HELLO IM OPIOD TOLERANT omg i was awake feeling everything they did shooting air in my stomach cuttingdry heeving crying trying to pull things out it was so awful u dont understand why that was inhuman if it was my pain dr they would know to do regular anethesia that white stuff same ppl needed to be in the rm i sounded like a pain junkie when i was in recovery cause i was begging for more meds they said it would go away then i paid my neighbor 80 buck total for ride on last thurs and to TAKE CARE OF ME WHEN GOT HM!!!!! i had soup and thats all he was like goahead heat that up u b fine i felt so alone ive always cooked big meals fed him several times how could he cause i was not ok i was confused not thinking right in severe pain then i went to sleep now my husband a man suppose to love me no ask ur self if u just had surgery awake tell ur other half u had horrible experience i asked for food i had none he was asking me questions my brain couldnt process so i told him i was confused couldnt understand him i woke up he was next to me in bed he's a marine an officer at that said he'de take care of me i asked 4 food he said i got u 2 egg rolls im like u went and got chinese food didnt u ?? he said i called u and u didnt pick up i would never do that i was asleep but been having night terrors screaming in pain waking cause pain ive benn on a heating pad w/volteran gel i have to put on myself. tuck everytime i go to grocery store or know my husband needs something i do it i feel like im not important enough.
OH I ALSO WANTED TO YAP ABOUT the nurse i just got done saying my neighbor he's a nosy ol bitty and gossips around this building like the women please don't talk about my medical condition with him sure enough he asked did u find anything this is 2 sec after she says legally she couldn't disclose any info i couldn't believe when she said they biopsied a mass and found a hernia but she be fine well basically his dumb *** thought oh i can leave her alone he signed a paper saying he wouldn't im sorry 4 just venting but i dont know i just feel like noone understands and my pain levels in my joints r bad,i mean i just woke crying and took 2 pills and on one patch it worked better with 2 patches equalling  24mcg and 2 3 pills through the day perc 10/325 now i don't want them to think im trying to get high because just in december i was doing great making real progress i did have some setbacks like spraining ankle 2x my aunt who was more like my mm died suddenly at 47 then my son hit me when he attacked his brother i went to get his lap top xbox and phonehe pushed me causing severe bruising and i pushed him in selfdefense causeing 3 small scratches he has an aunt i never realizedwhat she was doing til now their dad died and she never had kids of her own but lond story short she'd step on my toes all the time like 4 instence got a mole removed w/o my permission well after incident i went in to talk to my son oh btw he punched me in my gut too well anyway i held him we are very close me n my kids he said sorry and i said to never hit a woman ever and especially u mamma my husband a captain in the usmc was there the whole time when i threaten to call police he reliquished his property anyway sunday we went to church made him bfast it was normal day up until it wasnt normal he was still on grounding so he called the one woman whome would over ride me and give it back he spun such a huge lie i hit punched and kicked him my younger son went along w/story because he didnt want to calm the hysteria created by this woman she took em to drs hell she picked em up in 1st place w/o my permission i was arrested on 100,000 bond this cost our family, reputation, 20,000 just so far i have ptsd so 2 wks i was like in a war zone i couldn't eat sleep throwing up all the time my counslers said cause cps they cant c me no more what the hell i am so sorry to be telling u so much i know i wont be convicted because my son does lie and i don't even drink oh can u believe i trusted this woman so much she talked me into giving her power of attorney i asked about why? she said if the kids are with her and need med emergency u hear that emergency not a kid wanting his xbox back
she is so crazy bout these court papers temporarily i agareed to placem till investigation is over but she is brain washing my kids look ppl dont go to jail if they do nothing wrong i used to be a cop we moved to cali for change of weather for my cronic pain it worked we also came for her i loved her so much i have abandonment issues it happened again wow i had to get some ish off my chest i cant talk to hubby he works soooo and he stressed over our family and seeing me upset and in pain 24/7 when i have night terrors wake screaming in pain he has to wake to help me bless him im complaining bout food when he's stood by me the whole timewhen in nc i used to not even be able to walk atall so mid night he used to have to carry me. can u believe one day my life is grand next my pain levels r up my schedule is gone having nightmaresbliss oneday and hell the next so anyway they charged me wrong and we wont get our money back and cps is on our side and the aunt wants me to give her things be4 i can see kids i got the best attny in sandiego he's ganna have a field day with her my kids 13 and 15 if i spanked them the'de laugh 6 ft tall ok yuck i kniow its late im just in so much pain cant sleep yest sooo tired i wanna know should i ask to bump up patch w/ pills or will they feel im getting addicted? cause ide be a damn fool to run out early oh and can u believe that wench went as far as to say im abusing my pills alls i did one day was tell her i had a really good dr cause she wanted to know why im not a freakin cripple anymore im ganna send this maybe i have meds in me why im letting it all out i just needed someone to talk to thank u luv
liz
sorry i had to send cause i thought i would lose again anyway i was saying a few thing when i reread it i didnt complete well she told cops i was abusing pills let me tell u something we cant do that like u saw i said today i am opiod tolerant i cant get high i wouldnt want to try anyway but if we run out we get sick but because im on them she assumes she isnt letting me see the kids my son slipped away and snuck to see me i had to get my neighbor as a witness they are now misdimeanor charges but why i didnt do anything my sons are huge i am a pto mom she is overexagerater cant spell at all lol so what do i do about the nurse doing what i told her not too and about raising my patch will they think its cause the stress in mylife rt now and is it because the stress in my life the spraining ankle twice so i havent been working out that has alot to do with it one day i had this great schedule next my boys whome i live 4 this family i work out and do for my family thats my life!!!! welll i was rereading some of my old posts up in the air bout even going to pain mngt
sorry i had to send cause i thought i would lose again anyway i was saying a few thing when i reread it i didnt complete well she told cops i was abusing pills let me tell u something we cant do that like u saw i said today i am opiod tolerant i cant get high i wouldnt want to try anyway but if we run out we get sick but because im on them she assumes she isnt letting me see the kids my son slipped away and snuck to see me i had to get my neighbor as a witness they are now misdimeanor charges but why i didnt do anything my sons are huge i am a pto mom she is overexagerater cant spell at all lol so what do i do about the nurse doing what i told her not too and about raising my patch will they think its cause the stress in mylife rt now and is it because the stress in my life the spraining ankle twice so i havent been working out that has alot to do with it one day i had this great schedule next my boys whome i live 4 this family i work out and do for my family thats my life!!!! welll i was rereading some of my old posts up in the air bout even going to pain mngt ppl on here write like awful things like u can do it w/o meds if i can u read their back story they were taking 30 pills aday there are women on there who take pills 20 day and no cps i do everything right and i got this woman trying to replace her dead nepheiw w/my kids whom shes only had in her life since he died she wanted nothing to do with them until he died  well i have to get some sleep atleast try please write back asap i really look foward to it thanx tuck