Aa
A
A
A
Close
Pain Management Community
9.73k Members
1455543 tn?1285325777

belly button pain after running, exercise, ect..

its been happening since i was 16yrs old im 20yrs old now and it seems as if its getting worse as i grow older. my belly button (im not sure on the medical terms for this) gets a very sharp pain and it feels almost like there is a string attached to my penis hole and the string is being stretched. it is very painful, i played football in high school and i would feel this pain after every game. it is an awful and quite scary sharp pain. Ive googled around and i haven't seen any similar cases. this only happens after running or doing something athletic. should i go to the doctors? it only lasts for about thirty mins but recently its been longer to up to an hour and a half. the pain is so bad that i cant even stand up straight and i have to sit with my knees almost to my chest in a crouched position. if any one could help it would be very appreciated.
2 Responses
547368 tn?1440545385
Hello Randr4life,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry to hear about your painful symptoms.

Although you are always welcome here I encourage you to post this in our Men's Health and Urology Forum. I think they may have better suggestions for you. You can locate those forums by clicking on the word Forums in the left hand side of the blue banner towards the top of this page. Out forums are listed in alphabetical order. If you have any problems locating those forums please let me know.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you will find a resolution to your painful symptoms.

Take Care,
~Tuck
446049 tn?1538871187
It sounds like it might be what's called "diverticulitis" and is pretty common in most people, but not all feel the pain. It's caused from not having enough fiber in your diet and the aging process. To be sure, you could ask your doctor to send you for a lower GI series test. Good luck!
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches