I am a 32 year old femal who has been suffering from chronic radiating pelvic pain for over a year now with no specific diagnosis or help for this pain. Please review my below symptoms and what i have previously tried and advise any suggestions, help, type of dr. to seek next, I very much appreciate any input.
Thank You- Marissa
- Dull Aching Pain started on lower left side of my pelvis in the evening of 1/4/2010. After almost two weeks, the pain started moving back and forth from left to right pelvic sides.
-After the 2 weeks felt sharp volts of pain on my right side of pelvis during work. The pain then made a home on my right side 98% of the time everyday for the next 6-7 months or so.
- Around the end of August the pain starting shifting sides again btwn left and right sides of pelvis, which is what it is still currently doing to this day.
- This pain is everyday on and off throughout the morning, afternoon and night. It comes in waves. Some days are much worse/better than others. Nothing I know of makes it better of worse.
- During this time, pain started radiating/throbbing a lot to my hips, my lower back, down to my groin, and down my leg in different spots to my foot
- Occasionally I also get twinges and volts of pain on both my left and right sides, down to my crotch and in my leg and foot.
-Pain areas move around a lot, but feeling of pain is the same no matter where it is:deep aching, radiating, throbbing, pressure, irritation, & sore describe it
- Trigger like points where pain sometimes feel is stemming from only are really there when I am having a pain wave, when pain wave is not happening these points do not hurt nearly as much
- Also since this pain started, I have been getting a intermittent low buzzing in my left ear everyday that I only get during the pain.
- Have also been suffering from much anxiety and depression from having this undiagnosed pain.
- various types of blood & urine tests
- Multiple ultrasounds, CT Scans & MRIs- pelvic, transvag., brain, spine, hips
- Nerve Conduction Test/EMG test
- Exploratory Laparoscopy
Things Found through this testing:
- stage II left side peritoneal Endometriosis- removed June 2010
- Scar tissue adhesions- removed June 2010 (had 3 prior pelvic surgeries for ovarian dermoid cyst removal)
- Functional ovarian cyst, small 0.8cm possible dermoid- both on left ovary
- Tears on both hips
- Low back degenerative disks
- Right side spigelian hernia/hole in abdom. wall
Other possibilities advised:
- athletic pubalgia
- nerve damage or pinched nerve
Things tried for pain- none successful:
- Medications: Percocet, Vicodin, Oxycodin, Nucynta, Tramadol, Neurontin, Lyrica (not for long though) Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Seasonale BC pills, Toradol
- For anxiety/depression from Pain- Medications: 60mg Cymbalta Also taking 0.5mg lorazapam when needed for anxiety from this pain. Note when this pain started I was in the process of weening off of Effexor XR 150mg which I was on for over 7+ years. I was weening off slowly for almost a year, I was at 0.25mg and feeling ok outside of some anxiety when this pain started out of no where. I had been weening off the medication as i was trying to get pregnant and wanted to be on the lowest dose if possible. This pain and finds of other things wrong with me has completely side tracked my baby plans.
- Alternatives tried for pain: Physical Therapy, Acupuncture, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Yoga, Meditation, Nerve Stimulation (tens uni