Close
Pain Management Community
9.75k Members

dics herniation t8-t9

what can i do to make the pain go away so i can have a peaceful day
1 Responses
547368 tn?1440545385
Hi Bigbird,

Welcome to MedHelp's Pain Management Forum. I am so sorry to hear about your pain and disc problems. We can relate to Chronic Pain.

Many of us ask the same question you have posted. I don't know what you are doing for pain management. Usually disc herniation takes time to heal. To what degree it will heal depends several things, obviously the severity of the herniation, your specific response to treatment and of course how well it is treated.

In the meantime there are medications that can help ease your discomfort and reduce possible muscle spasms. Some ppl find acupuncture, TENS Units, Physical Therapy and other such treatments helpful.

Sometimes the pain never completely goes away. When this occurs it may be beneficial to consult a PMP (Pain Management Physician). Again I don't know any details of your condition or what you have done or are doing.

We are here to offer our support and suggestions. Pain is no fun and most of us live with it everyday of our lives. We'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Take Care,
~Tuck
Have an Answer?
Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473362051
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches