Pain Management Community

fibromyalgia

started savella 12.5 mg, i am having sweats within 20 min of taking meds so far no nausea will sweats disappear?
Hi Mimipoppy,

Welcome to the Pain Management Forum. I am sorry you are having some issues with Savella.

The following are the most common side effects of the drug: headache; dizziness,  drowsiness, tired feeling;  swelling in your hands or feet; constipation,  upset stomach, bloating; dry mouth; sleep problems (insomnia);  hot flashes, sweating; weight changes; or decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.  As you can see sweating is listed as a common side effect. Some side effects will subside as your system become accustomed to a new medication. I can't guess if that may be true with this medication or with your specific reaction.

You are always welcome here but I invite you to also post on our Fibromyalgia Forum. The members there have more information and personal experience with Fibro and the medications prescribed for the painful condition. Here's the link:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Pain-Management/Abdominal-pain-for-2-weeks/show/1601456

Does Savella seem to help with your symptoms of Fibro? I hope so and I hope that your pain will be better controlled.

Please let us know how you are doing. We'll be interested to hear how you are adjusting to the medication.... and if it is effective.

Best of Luck,
~Tuck