Pain Management Community

hard lump in calf

I broke my ankle 3 months ago now I have a hard lump that forms in my calf. sometimes it fomrs on the side of my leg other times in the back of my calf. My foot is swollen and when the lump appears the part under the lump sinks and turns red as thought is blood is under my skin. It is painful. I have had my veins checked and there is no blockage
Hi!
In all probability you have collection of water in your calf. If it is happening in both feet then you will need to get heart function assessed by ECHO and EKG, get kidney and liver function tests done and get a complete blood picture for anemia. Low sodium in blood, hypothyroidism and malabsorption syndromes causing low protein in blood have to be looked into. Do discuss this with your doctor. Take care!