Pain Management Community

kidney stones?

I have had an achy upper back pain for a few days now. I was attributing it to having slept funny, but now I am thinking it was a warning sign I missed. I woke up at 2am with horrible nausea and sharp pain in my upper left back. It comes in waves and was so severe it brought tears to my eyes. I have had kidney pain from infection in the past and while different I think this pain may be kidney related too. I am trying to find some way to get comfortable enough to sleep since it is the middle of the night and I don't want to wake two sleeping babies and drag them to the ER. I tried calling the nurse helpline provided by my insurance company, but he just told me to try a heating pad and some Tylenol.
I have a lot of prescription pain meds in my medicine cabinet because I have had 2 c sections and another surgery within the last couple years and I hate taking pain meds... I took an oxycodone.  That along with a vibrating massage mat under my back seems to be helping with the pain for the moment, but the nausea is even worse now. Any suggestions for that? I just need to make it to morning so I can go to an urgent care clinic. There is no one to watch the babies right now and of course o would get sick on Sunday when my primary care doc is closed.
Yes, it may be a kidney stone but it's sounding more like gallbladder pain to me. Is the pain going from your front to your back? It doesn't always happen this way with gallbladder pain. It may be only in your back and you usually have nausea that can turn in to vomiting. Do go to a med center or the hospital as soon as your children wake up or you can find someone to take care of them. I really recommend that you go now and take your children with you. If it is a kidney stone, a kidney infection or your gallbladder things may get worse. Try not to take any more prescription medication before you go because the med center or hospital will most likely give you something stronger for your pain. You want your system clean or they may give you nothing. Is there anyone at all that can go with you or watch your children? Please let us know what you find out.