Pain Management Community

pain between 1st and 2nd finger

I have a pain between index finger and 3rd finger that is causing my hand to not work very well without a lot of pain.  By night it was throbbing and very hot and a lottlw swollen.  I have no injury and It came on suddenly after about an hour of eating dinner.  The only thing I had not eaten for a long time was a beer.
Hi!
Well, allergy to beer is unlikely as the pain and swelling is localized. Sudden onset pain and swelling in the palm can be due to gout, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, tendonitis, bursitis or due to ligament tear.
Use ice packs to bring down swelling. Take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory such as tylenol, ibuprofen, or naproxen. Consult your GP as soon as you can. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.