pain mgmt

I was released from pain mgmt after being warned once. However this time I did not know that the tylenol bottle was something different. Mind you my appointment was till the 19th of the month and the receptionst caleed and ask if I wanted to come on the 5th bc she didn't know if the dr would b back in time. I did have enough meds to get me thru and if I would've known I was taking something other than what the dr gave me I would've waited but. Needless to say he kicked me out of the program. This is also the dr that told me if I had any other issues to let him know . Well I did let him know I have anxiety and he did nothing. I also have had surgery in  2010 on my back and hurt worse now. Also I have been in 2 additional wrecks within a 32 day period this year and he did nothing then either. Now I am no longer in the program and have a tremendous amount of back pain. I need another PM dr. Please help . The two new wrecks happended mid 2013.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Pain management doctors are usually very strict.  You say you were warned once.  What was in the Tylenol bottle that you mistakenly took?  Depending on what is in your medical record, it may be hard to find a new PM doctor.  Do you have a primary care that will give you care until you find a new PM doctor?  It also sounds like you need to have your two other "wrecks" medically evaluated as they are new events with new pain.
Helpful - 0
I wasn't at home I was at someone elses home and didn't know till my results came back positive for hydrocodone and the dr has me on oxycodone. I called the persons house I had been staying with and after telling him what happened he told me he kèeps his meds there that way people don't know what he has. I was using my PM dr for the 2 new wrecks which I notified my attorney to let him know and the PM dr I was also using PM doctor for the female pains that I have which I also let my gyno know as Well. My pcp will not assist me with pain meds. I don't know what to do. I was using this pm dr for multiple issues.
Helpful - 0
Some doctors are very strict.  I know one doctor who refused to refill a patient who's home was robbed as she felt the patient showed they couldn't "secure" the narcotics.  You could try to ask the doctor if they would keep you on the meds.  You could google pain management doctors/clinics in your area.  They can be hard to find.  Are you out of meds?  If not, you should start tapering to try to avoid any withdrawals.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community