Pain Management Community

pain

I have pain in the rib area, on my left side. It feels like an ache all the time. I can discribe it as pressure too. The pressure won't allow me to get comfortable at anytime. I feel this pain when I go to sleep and it's still there when I awaken.When I put my arm down the pain is between my elbow and my shoulder, right at the rib area. The pain starts right under my breast into to rib area around the leftside if my back. It feels like something is growing there. When I drink fluids it seems to make the pain more intense on my leftside. I just push that area and massage it and strecth it, but it doesn't make it go away.
Hi there,
Without an external evaluation it may not be possible to determine the exact cause of your symptoms. The common causes of pain in ribs are strained muscle, muscle sprain, costochondritis.Sometimes awkward sleeping positions can cause cost transverse sprain leafing to severe pain in the ribs. In intercostals neuritis there is inflammation of the nerve between the ribs and radiating to the chest. Heart and lung problems can also lead to pain in ribs. Some abdominal problems like gallbladder stones; liver disease all can cause referred pain on right side of chest. Seek medical help. A clinical examination and investigations will help. Keep us posted.
Best of luck and regards!