Pain Management Community

seeking help for treatment of spinal stenosis

Dear Dr.  

My age is 69 years, physically i m keeping very good health, problem wise my all the ailments are not ordinary one.

1. I have got coronary Heart Disease (CAD) when i walk or when there is any stress or tension i get Anginal episodes it is spasmodic type of angina and ever time any sudden anxiety, tension or stress provokes it. The disease is kept controlled with Nitromint 2.6 mg BD, Vestarel 20mg BD and Amilodipin 5mg OD. The ECG's are normal, the lipid profile and cardiac enzymes are in normal range.

2. I have BPH and night time micturation is not less than 4-5 times but i have not been taking any Allopathic Medicines. For the last 4 weeks i am taking some herbal medicines from china who claim that this medicine will also help to relieve my CAD problem as well as Osteoarthritis pains.

3. Due to long standing Osteoarthritis I have developed "Spinal Stenosis" at my 4th and 5th lumbar vertebra which has created very serious problem to me. The Osteoarthritis has effected my feet, hands & knee joints, now since last two months I am developing Cervical Spondylosis but it is of mild type and neck pain is dull and aching. The COX-2 Inhibitor Nimsulide 100mg BD gives me lot of relief.

4. Extensor Muscle stretch exercises also give me lot of relief and the rotary electric massager with 2 balls gives instant relief to my burning feet and painful back of the thighs.

5. Due to Spinal Stenosis when the nerves are pressed it is horrible for me to walk more than 10-15 strides. I can't stand for more than 5 minutes and my both legs become heavy and extremely pain full.

6. All the twenty four hours my feet are burning but after several hours res in the night the pain and burning sensation is 80% reduced i.e from 2:am to 12 Noon. The rest of the Hours i am very much annoyed due to pain in my both legs, right from back of the hips up to the tips of my feet fingers. Some times the pain is so severe that i keep on applying electric massager and do the exercises.
7. Here our Orthopaedic and Neuro specialist say that the surgery is not advanced in this country and the post operative complications are much more dangerous.

Now please help me, I am your professional brother .
Please tell about electric nerve stimulation or any other device
Please tell me treated cases of spinal stenosis on it?
the pain full problem i am facing is not understandable for those who don't know how miserable I feel when i can't walk, I can't stand and I remain awake whole night.

Awaiting your earliest reply and thanking you.
Everlasting Gratefully Yours,

Dr. Khursheed Khan.
This is the patient to patient forum. It is my understanding that for the forum that the doctors respond to costs money.