Pain Management Community

severe back and neck pain

i was in a accident in august 2012 about 2 weeks after accident i have experienced horrible pain in my lower back that radiates to my my buttock area and the area between my shoulder blades at times its so bad i am unable to function!!
Hi!
Since you have pain in your lower and upper back after the accident, you must immediately consult an orthopedic specialist or a neurologist. The pain can be due to protruding disc after accident or due to pinched nerves or even due to ligament injuries. You will need MRI of the spine for confirmed diagnosis. Meanwhile please do not over strain yourself. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.