similar case

Wow, your story is almost identical to mine. I did have a shingles rash though, which showed up right after a breast mass removal surgery. The rash was on my torso. I now have postherpetic neuralgia pain in my breast mostly. The doctor said it shingles could have spread internally, thus making the pain even more intense. I am on a very high dose of Lyrica, 150mg 3 times a day, I tried antidepressants but the side effects were too bad. Lidoderm does not seem to get deep enough to help the pain. I take low doses of pain medication, which, in combination with the Lyrica make life somewhat tolerable. I have had a neuroablation and many nerve block shots. Nothing really took away the pain, but takes it from a 9 to a 5 or so. It is really hard to live with, I hope someone finds a solution for us.

This discussion is related to Postherpetic Neuralgia?.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community