Pain Management Community

stomach

When I lay down, and press on my left side (lower, about an inch or so under belly button but all the way to the left), I can feel a lumpy knot, long and narrow on the left side feeling hard and ropelike. Also, sometimes when I push in it there is pain or pressure. Not severe pain, almost like a pressure pain.

ANYONE experience this or have any advice?

PS- When I push deeply on my lower back muscles, it almost relieves some of my abdominal pain?
Hi and welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum at MedHelp. I am sorry that you are experiencing undiagnosed pain.

When it come to the abdominal area there are so many things that could be going on it is difficult to even guess. Is it a hernia, a bowel issue or swollen lymph nodes or....... and the list goes on? I do not want to provide you with poor or inaccurate information. It could be many things.

I do think that you should see your PCP for a clinical evaluation. He/she will be able to offer you a professional diagnosis which is what you need. Good luck to you. Please let us know how you are doing. We will be interested to hear the results of your exam if you are comfortable sharing it with us.

Take Care,
Tuck