Aa
MedHelp.org will cease operations on May 31, 2024. It has been our pleasure to join you on your health journey for the past 30 years. For more info, click here.
Aa
A
A
A
Close

tamck

I had heard that acetomenaphen was to be taken from some pain pills, damages the liver i think.  what is TAMCK?

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
356518 tn?1322263642
I have been seeing alot of articles that say the drugs containing Tylenol will be discontinued but I honestly doubt it will ever happen. Drugs that contain hydrocodone and Tylenol are one of the most prescribed medications. And as Tuck said the people who benifit from the sale of these drugs will never allow this to happen. They have extremely deep pockets and they will do what they need to keep making money.
I know thats a cynical view but thats the truth.
Money is power and and these drug companies have plenty of both!
Helpful - 0
547368 tn?1440541785
Hi Narfie,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. Mollyrae is correct in her findings on Tamck.

There has been talk of discontinuing narcotics that contain acetaminophen (tylenol) because of possible kidney or liver damage. I doubt the drug manufacturing companies will allow this to happen. They lobby is strong and loud in the government.

I suggest that if you are taking a narcotic that you have the smallest possible dose of acetaminophen prescribed with it. I know that hydrocodone come with a 325mg dose of acetaminophen. It is just best to be safe and as good to our life sustaining organs as possible.

However should it happen that the the narcotics with acetaminophen are removed you can rest assured that they manufactures will be quick to produce these same drugs without the addition of acetaminophen. In my opinion you and your physician should have choice and it should be available now.  

Best of luck to You,
Tuck
Helpful - 0
535089 tn?1400673519
I looked up TAMCK...it is Hydrocodone 7.5mg with 500 mg of acetomenophen.

Basically a brand name.

Hope this helped.
Molly
Helpful - 0
535089 tn?1400673519
Hi:

I wouldn't worry about Acetomenaphen being taken out of drugs. it is fine in small amounts and is not to be taken regularly. I have no idea what TAMCK is.

Please take care,
Mollyrae
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community

Top Pain Answerers
st. louis, MO
317787 tn?1473358451
DC
Learn About Top Answerers
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches