write side rib pain

I get many times right side rib pain especially uneven times and it vanishes after sometime or remains this is since last 5 years i have undergone bypass in 2000 . Many a times i suffer from gases and reflux Advise proper treatment
Hello Appa,

Welcome to the Pain Mangement Forum. I am so glad that you found us on MedHelp but sorry to hear about your pain.

I would imagine that your pain is related to the bypass surgery since you have experienced it from the time of your surgery. I would assume the same of the gas and reflux.

Have you returned to your surgeon and reported these symptoms? If not I would do so. If he was not a gastroenterologist than I would seek the advice of one.

Are you taking anything to relieve that painful symptoms? I would also discuss that with your physician. Sometimes ppl that undergo this type of surgery have similar symptoms and others seem to not have a one. I don't know if it is the surgeons skill or the the individuals response to the surgical procedure or a little bit of both. Whatever it is I encourage you to have a good clinical work up to determine the source of your pain. There aer medications that will handle your reflux and gas. If you are taking one and it is not effective please ask for another as medications seem to work differently for different ppl.

I have several relatives and two close colleagues that underwent this procedure or a similar one. One almost died with the complications, one didn't do well the first year and the others have never had a problem. It is interesting to note the the later surgeries are the ones that had no problems. They had what is called the lap-band procedure instead of the older procedure done.

You are always welcome here but you may also want to post in our gastroenterology forum. We can locate that by clicking on the word forums on the left hand side of this page. Our Forums are listed alphabetically.  

I am so sorry that you are having these symptoms. I hope you will let us know how you are doing and what course you take to find the solutions to your symptoms. I wish you the very best.

Take Care,
~Tuck
I'm just confused and wondering if you had a heart bypass operation or a gastric bypass operation?

Tuck, as usual, as wonderful advice.   I agree you should talk with the surgeon who performed your operation.  I'm sure they're familiar with every symptom from the mildest to the most severe and will have some options for you.

I'm glad you found this site.   It is, I'm finding, a big part of my treatment.  Having people that are in the same situation as yourself is so helpful.

Best of luck.  I hope you will let us know what happens.

You are reading content posted in the Pain Management Community