Pancreatic Cancer Community
94 Members

Digestive issues - Pancreatic cancer?

Sorry for the length!
I'm a 19 year old female, in North America. I've been having several random digestive issues that have got me slightly worried. These symptoms have been on and off for 5 months or so now. List of symptoms: 1. BMs - Most of the time it's light brown/orangey diarrhea, or yellowish pale brown (most of the time, with undigested food also), and it comes out thin, but then, only sometimes, not every week, it's normal coloured (rich to dark brown) but when I wipe, on the toilet paper, it appears yellowish, also normal diameter. 2. There's a weird tight sensation inmy lower right quadrant, that comes and goes. 3. There's also a lump that comes and goes in my upper right quadrant, sometimes it hurts to press on it (only if pressing down hard), other times not, it also seems to move around a bit. Sometimes it's there for 3 weeks straight, and there's definitely less days that it's not there, although not by much. I can only feel it if I'm standing up, not when I'm lying down or sitting. 4. Epigastric tenderness - not sure if this is correct, but judging by the photos of the anatomy of an abdomen that I've seen, the tenderness is exactly where my pancreas is. It also tends to come and go, although it never fully leaves. The pain is only there when I press down on the area. Some days it's a crampy pain, and other days it's more of a sharp "gnawing" (not sure) pain. This is the one symptom I'm most worried about, because it's always there, and it's exactly where the pancreas is. Also these days have been getting random bouts of pain on the area lining my ribs, both sides 19 year old female, in North America. I've been having several random digestive issues that have got me slightly worried. These symptoms have been on and off for 5 months or so now. List of symptoms: 1. BMs - Most of the time it's light brown/orangey diarrhea (most of the time, with undigested food also), and it comes out thin, but sometimes, like maybe 3 days in a week, but not every week, it's normal coloured (rich to dark brown) but when I wipe, on the toilet paper, it appears yellowish, also normal diameter. 2. There's a weird tight sensation inmy lower right quadrant, that comes and goes. 3. There's also a lump that comes and goes in my upper right quadrant, sometimes it hurts to press on it (only if pressing down hard), other times not, it also seems to move around a bit. Sometimes it's there for 3 weeks straight, and there's definitely less days that it's not there, although not by much. I can only feel it if I'm standing up, not when I'm lying down or sitting. 4. Epigastric tenderness - not sure if this is correct, but judging by the photos of the anatomy of an abdomen that I've seen, the tenderness is exactly where my pancreas is. It also tends to come and go, although it never fully leaves. The pain is only there when I press down on the area. Some days it's a crampy pain, and other days it's more of a sharp "gnawing" (not sure) pain. Also, have been getting random bouts of sharp pain along my rib lines, on both sides, which just started a while ago. It happens like once every two days though.
No other symptoms beside that, except some random itching. But I don't know whether that's jsut mental : it appeared literally as I read that itching was a sign of jaundice. Could you be itchy but not jaundiced? Also, it's not a bad itch, its not always there, and it appears on random body parts, and its sort of a tickling itch, and sometimes I can ignore it. What could this possibly be, juding by the symptoms?
Thanks so much for your help!
Pancreatic Cancer Community
94 Members
124 Questions
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.