Pancreatic Cancer Community
100 Members
Avatar universal

Not sure if I have pancreatic cancer

Since 2006 I have had either CT or MRI's done to check the size of the lesion on my pancreas.  It was found by looking for somthing else.  I was seeing a doctor for 4 years then he left and new doctor that replaced him left within the year.  So I found another doctor.  The doctor I was seeing for 4 years said don't let anyone operate b/c it is cysts but the new doctor I just saw believes I should have the whipple procedure done ASAP.  I am scheduled to go for EUS at the end of Sept.  Does anyone know a GREAT surgeon if I need to have the whipple procedure done?
3 Responses
Avatar universal
Does your new doctor have a good referral?
2827584 tn?1340579696
A gastroenterologist qualified to do the EUS would generally have a biliary surgeon that they work with frequently because the two specialties are very dependent on one another. The key to Whipple procedures is volume. Although not difficult, it is complex and the more familiar one is to variations from patient to patient the safer it is. If your surgeon does fewer than a dozen a year it would be best to find another.
Avatar universal

What to do and where to go with 1.5 cm leasion on head of pancreas ?Right now  i have to wait to see GI  first time  for 4 months, since I have  Medi-Cal insurance (.
Is any one want look at it in research purpose?  

I went to pancreas cancer simposium in San Francisco, it is was just handfull number of survavors ( .
my email ***@****

Thank you
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.