Pancreatic Cancer Community
94 Members

Pancreatitis or not?

8 month ago i started having pain in my upper left abdomen (near the sternum), upper left abdomen near the armpit and upper left back (under scapula). hard to breath sometime. My stool was light, pellet like mucusy and very hard to pass.
I have moderate itch; nose, chest and thighs, weight loss (2 kgs in 2 month), urine normal colour.

Tests outcome: very high bilirubin levels, liver function is normal.

EUS: mild esophagitis
MRI: normal

The Dr. gave me a diagnosis of gilbert syndrome to justify the bilirubin and said that he is not sure from where my other symptoms are from!

Should i settle for this diagnosis even though my symptoms persist or should i consult another Dr?

COMMUNITY LEADER
Absolutely, see a GI, if your doctor isn't one. Having a specialist is the only way to get to the diagnosis that you can trust.
Pancreatic Cancer Community
94 Members
124 Questions
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.