Pancreatic Cancer Community
97 Members

blood test? pancreas leasion

I have a history of breast cancer and my mom passed away of pancreatic cancer at age 48 I did an endoscopic ultrasound because I'm at high risk and they found a 4 mm leasion on the head of my pancreas. They didn't do any blood test and just told me to come back in 3 months for an other biopsy. I don't feel good about doing nothing and I'm scared. Should they do a blood test?

Thank you

Vero
If it was me I would do a blood test and a ct scan
yes yes yes - my mother had a growth in her pancreas for 2 years - I forced docs to do 6 mos check ups - they kept telling me if it were cancer she'd be dead by now.... well one mos before her 6 mos checkup a ct scan found lesions in her pancreas ie localized matastasis - that was February, today she is stage 4.  Don't take no for an answer.... if it's early enough you can do gemzar chemo or retraction.
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.