Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community
222 Members

Are newborn baby hiccups normal?

About 2 weeks ago, my wife gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. Our baby’s quite healthy. He eats and sleeps well but one thing that’s been bothering me about him is his hiccups. He hiccups a lot especially when he’s not able to burp. Ever since he was inside the womb, he would hiccup there as well. My wife, on the other hand, is so chill about it. Then again, Shenyang women are really calm and relaxed by nature. Anyway, are other babies like this? How do you, parents, get rid of hiccups? Sorry, I’m freaking out a bit because this is my first baby.
Hello mama!!  Congrats on your little one!  You posted a bit ago but hopefully you have learned that yes, it's totally normal and you don't have to worry about getting rid of them.  Both my pregnancies had babies in utero with the hiccups.  I could feel them!  It's a natural thing.  It's not something to 'fix'.  It bugs us as we are older but babies are unphased about it.  good luck
And I see you are papa!  Sorry!!