Parenting Babies (Newborn to 1 year) Community
230 Members

Baby circumcision?

How do u mommies of boys feel about getting your babies circumcised? I'm getting my son circumcised but I'm very scared because I know he's gonna b n pain and it makes me sad to have to see him crying. How did you guys feel about your baby being circumcised and how was the baby after it?
I did it for all my boys. I can't say that I really gave it a second thought. i guess for me I just knew this is normal practice and I wanted it done. My boys had it done by a bell cap or something like that so it was real quick and they bleed less with quick recovery time.
I did it to prevent infection. If they're uncircumcised that increases chances of yeast infection.
My son had the plasty bell done. No pain at all, just keep the ointment on it and it will fall off in a week
My son had it done, when they brought him back to the room he wasn't crying at all, once he peed and they checked him we were finally discharged, it healed quicker then his belly button, he didnt have anything on it just kept ointment there and he was fine never cried when we touched it to put ointment on or to pull the skin back to keep it clean
My son isn't circumcised, and if this next baby is a boy, they won't be either. Hubs and i talked about it during my first pregnancy and we debated the whole time. When it came time, and we were told it was gonna cost us $250 out of pocket because the insurance wouldn't cover it (because its deemed unnecessary in nc) we decided against it. I later went to watch a video on how it's done, i couldn't even make it past the first cut.

And to those who think its dirty, if you dont try to force the skin back before its ready, theres little chance of infection. You're not supposed to pull the skin back anyway. My son's pediatrician said to clean it like normal. Wipe it with a wipey, clean it in the tub with soap and water, but not to pull the skin back. My ex was wasn't circumcised, and never had a issue with hygiene or infections.
My baby got it done a month and so and it was very painful for me to look at and take care the site. I will never do it again cause my baby was in pain and cried alot especially at bedtime :(
I'm not gonna make my baby get one. The daddy disapproves but its me that will have to wipe my sons tears every night. So no.
I got my son circimsied. If I had another boy I'd do the same. Do your research, make sure you're well informed and not just doing, just because . In my point of view it is cleaner, less yeast infections and everything . But like I said do your research. Because you might not like what you see.
Why would you get it done? If it wasn't a necessary part of the body evolution would have caused it to be lost overtime! Infections are rare. Leave things to nature.
I had my son circumcised. He didn't cry when it was done or after when he peed. Like everyone says just keep the ointment on it and apply generously and he will be fine.
i might try it I Dont know yet
I have two sons, one circumcised and one not. If I had another boy, I would not circumcise him, but I do think it's a very personal decision. My first baby did seem uncomfortable after the procedure and didn't nurse as well for a few days. My second baby wasn't circumcised because he was slightly preemie and we didn't want to put him through anything else; he'd already been in the NICU briefly, had a zillion blood tests and had to come home on the bili blanket.  I just couldn't handle putting him through anymore trauma.
I have two boys, both of which are circumcised, but I had alot of problems with my first. His doctor didn't remove enough skin and we have had several infections and "reattachments"(there is a fancier ne, just don't remember it) where the skin reattached because it is folded over so constantly. With my second, I had learned my lesson and "shopped around" for a doc who knew what he was doing! Neither one ever seemed to be in significant pain though. Never inconsolable or anything. Also, in the ways of infection if you decide not to, I know several people are saying infections are not very common if you don't pull the skin back to early with uncircumcised but my nephew was not circumcised and his foreskin pulled back on its own when he was only 3 and a half so his mom had to help him keep it extremely clean for a very long time before he was able to clean it thoroughly himself and understand the consequences of not doing it :/ sorry this is so long, but this has been a major topic of discussion in my house. Just want to share what I know...make sure you find a doctor that will do it right!